Recipe: Baking healthy Christmas Cookies with extra Protein
Only a few days left until Christmas Eve. And nothing is better to cherish the pre-holiday season with baking yummy Christmas cookies together with friends or family. Unfortunately, the classic cookie recipe consists of a lot of butter, sugar and white flour. This is quite tasty, but obviously not really healthy. Backing healthy Christmas cookies is not so difficult. HelloFreshGO shows you how to bake healthy Christmas cookies in less than 25 minutes, which you can enjoy with no regrets.
It is particularly difficult to integrate healthy nutrition into everyday’s office life during the Christmas season. The days seem shorter, you are more often tired and chocolate and not so healthy Christmas Cookies lurk on the desks of your colleagues. And to bridge the winter blues and afternoon lows, you tend to snack more often. Therefore, it can help to bake healthy Christmas cookies in order to snack in a more balanced way. Replacing sugar bombs with healthier snack options like nuts, oats or protein will keep you full longer as they are digested more slowly. They also provide your brain with the energy it needs to perform well and stay motivated at work during the Christmas season.
The cookies in our recipe are actually really healthy and also great as a snack or breakfast for the office or to share with your beloved colleagues. And baking healthy Christmas cookies is exactly what you need to get into the Christmas spirit.
Read more: How to keep your figure during Christmas
- Diet: vegan, glutenfree
- Preparation: anytime
- Prep time: approx. 25 minutes
- Portion Size: 10 cookies
- Oven: preheat to 175°C
- 220 g rolled oats (glutenfree)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 120 g Peanutbutter
- 3 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp flax seeds, milled
- 1 handful sunflower seeds
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 1 handful dates, chopped
- Optional: 2-3 tbsp (vegan) protein powder – vanilla flavour is great
This is how you do it
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and knead to a firm dough.
- Form 10 balls of the same size with your hands and press them flat with a fork.
- Place all biscuits on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the biscuits for about 15 minutes and let them cool for half an hour.