A Great Cake Recipe for the Office
Birthday, anniversary or just for fun? There is always a good reason to make your colleagues happy with a delicious cake, like this chocolate tart with berries and quark. The combination of creamy, chocolaty and fruity fresh makes the cake very summery. The tart recipe is for everyone who loves a really luscious cake dough.
The vitamin-rich berries and the protein-rich quark even make the cake almost a bit healthy. So a piece of this tasty tart can be enjoyed without feeling guilty.
Chocolate Tart with Berries and Quark
- Diet: vegetarian and glutenfree
- Preparation: Pre-bake the tart at home and garnish the topping in the office
- Portion Size: 8 – 12 pieces
- Oven temperature: 160 degrees Celsius fan-forced
- Baking time: ca. 30 minutes
- 113 g unsalted butter, diced
- 115 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 170 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 70g ground hazelnuts
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 500 g quark
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Fresh Beeren of your choice. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or pitted cherries work best.
- Melt the butter and chocolate slowly over a hot water bath.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Make sure that the chocolate mass is no longer so hot, otherwise, the eggs will clot and carefully, fold in the eggs one by one and mix well.
- Stir the ground hazelnuts and salt into the chocolate mixture and beat for about 1 minute until the dough is smooth and shiny.
- Put the tart dough in a springform pan lined with baking paper (round or square).
- Bake the tart base in the oven at 160 degrees for about 30 minutes until it has set.
- Let the cake cool down well before you continue.
- Mix the quark with the honey and cinnamon and spread the quark on the cake.
- Decorate the cake with fresh berries of your choice.
Tip: The ingredients for the dough (such as eggs and butter) should be at room temperature. This is the secret to bake this chocolate tart perfect.