The perfect low carb office breakfast
A healthy start into the day is the key to a healthy day. That is why having a balanced breakfast is so important. If you’re not hungry in the morning, you don’t necessarily have to eat any breakfast. But if your stomach growls when you get up, you should not miss it. Best breakfast? If you want to avoid any sugary cravings later in the day, it is best to have a protein-rich low carb office breakfast.
We have a great recipe for those looking for a low carb alternative to the typical porridge – the overnight berry quark with chia seeds. The best thing about it? It does not only does it look great, but the morning quark also keeps you full for a very long time and is great when prepared the night before. Nicely creamy as real porridge it satisfies you very well.
- Diet: Low carb, vegetarian, glutenfree
- Preparation: The evening before
- Portion size: 1
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 50ml water
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 50g fresh fruit, chopped – we love peach
- 50g frozen berries
- 125g quark – we love the creamy 40% full-fat quark
- Take a bowl or a medium sized “Weck” jar.
- Put the 2 tbsp chia seeds and 1 tbsp milled flax seed in the jar.
- Add the water and stir well so that the seeds can soak overnight.
- Either right away or the next morning you can continue to finish off layering your quark: Put the peach on the soaked seeds, then scoop the quark on top and finish off with cinnamon and berries.
- Put the lid on and keep in the fridge overnight and take it to the office the next morning. Stir well before eating.