Pumpkin Soup: the perfect autumn treat – also in the office
Its getting cold and wet outside. All your body needs it warmth from the inside. The coconut milk pumpkin soup is a quick recipe that you can easily make and home and bring to the office for lunch. Quickly warmed up in the microwave with a nicely toasted bread you have a complete lunch. (Read more: How harmful is microwaving food?)
What warms your body from the inside? Curcuma, ginger and chilli are great ingredients which warm your body inside our while also having a healing effect. (Read more: Tips for avoiding a cold)
- Diet: Vegetarian, glutenfree
- Prep: In the evening
- Prep time: about 35 minutes (Read here: How to prep a dinner in less than 8 minutes)
- Portion size: 3-4 plates
- 1 tbsp butter / or coconut oil for vegans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 big piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g Hokkaido pumpkin, chopped
- 300 g carrots, chopped
- 1/2 l vegetable broth
- 250 ml coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Herbs of your choice for garnish – coriander, parsley or chives work well
- Fry the onions and garlic slowly in the butter until they soften.
- Add the ginger, turmeric and chilli powder and fry for half a minute.
- Add the pumpkin, the carrots and stir well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the veggies and let it cook for 15-20 minutes until the carrots and pumpkin are soft. Then puree everything finely.
- Stir in the coconut milk and season the soup with lemon, salt and pepper.
- Garnish the soup with your favourite herbs.